Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day to my Dad!


My dad is so special to me! He raised his 3 daughters in a loving and Christian home and is such a great example of what it means to follow the Lord's will for your life. His patients LOVE him! It seems like he is always coming home with homemade cakes and pies from patients that drive long distances just to have a few minutes of his time. He has been such a wonderful Father-in-law to my husband and a great example of how to be a Christian leader of a household.


When I was a kid, I used to be scared to spend the night away from home. I loved to play at friends houses, and would always try to stay the whole night, but at wee hours of the morning, I would go wake up my friend's mother and tell her that I was sick and needed to go home. I vividly remember one night....I had attempted to spend the night with a friend, and went through the same routine. My friend's mother tried to convince me to stay over there and just watch TV until at least 6am so that I wouldn't wake my parents up. That just wouldn't work, I wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed. When my dad got there, (it was always him that had the duty to pick me up at 3am) I remember crying in the car and telling him that I was sorry, and he said, "Don't worry about it! I would drive all the way to Texas to get you if you wanted to come home!" Not sure why Texas, or even why I remember that he said that, but I will never forget it! He didn't get mad at me like most parents would, he was just glad that he could comfort me and drive me home.

I could go on and on about how patient of a father that he is for always putting up with 4 women, how special it was that he tucked us into bed every night and prayed with us, or how much fun that we all have with him on family vacations, but it would take all day! .....not to mention that he was so patient when it came to wedding planning this year, and never once complained about the cost (although I know that it must have been way too much) or about all of the choas that lead up to the BIG DAY!


Dad, I love you so much! I hate that we couldn't be in Dothan to celebrate Father's Day with you this year. Can't wait to see you later this week!


I am so proud to be your daughter!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Kathryn for such a lovely note!!! It is my honor to be the dad of 3 magnificent ladies!!!!!!!! I Love You!!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so lucky! Cant wait to see you and Wes this week!

    ReplyDelete