Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekend Getaway

This weekend we went with the Newhouse family to Destin. We stayed in a Bungalow in SanDestin and the house had a 6-seater golf cart that we were able to use. We rode back and forth to Baytowne Wharf several times on it to eat or just to play!




This was us at PF Chang's on Friday night. Our hostess asked if we had all just had family pictures taken since we were all dressed alike! haha! None of us planned on wearing the same color!


During the winter months, Baytown Wharf has an ice skating rink. I haven't been ice skating since I was very small and was very nervous I would break a bone, but Joy convinced me that I should give it a try. Despite a minor altercation with the ice skating attendant, it was a lot of fun...even though I looked pretty stupid and VERY uncomfortable on the ice! Wesley videoed it, but I think I should go ahead and delete the video evidence. I didn't look as much like a figure skater as I would have hoped!



We ended the vacation by all going to see a 3D movie. It was mine and Wesley's first 3D show, and we were very impressed! We saw The adventures of Tin Tin. It was really cute....especially in 3D!

1 comment:

  1. The ice looks like it could use a Zamboni!! Also, come and visit us soon, we have lots of 3D movies and shows and glasses right here at home (not to mention great snacks and beverages and pauses for bathroom breaks!). Glad you had fun, looks very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete