Sunday, May 9, 2010

To my mom on Mother's Day....


I truly belive that you are the best mom in the enitre world! You do so much for your family, and never ask for anything in return! Being a mother of 3 girls is a full time job, and you do it so well.


When I was young you went on EVERY school field trip with me because I was so scared that someone would throw up on the bus and I would panic! As a child, after bathtime, I remember you would sit Indian style on the floor, I would cover your lap with a towel, and I would lay my head in your lap while you blew my hair dry. You woke me up nearly every morning for high school by scratching my back (not yelling and slamming doors like most moms), and then blew my hair dry while I put my make-up on. When I came home from college you always cooked homecooked meals and had chicken salad (my favorite) waiting on me when I got there. You spent nearly 8 hours a day for 8 months planning my wedding which made being a bride so much fun and not stressful at all, and then as wedding gifts came to the house, you wrote a detailed description of each gift, the name and address of the gift-giver, and sometimes even a sentence that I should include in the thank you note!


In the 24 years of my life, not a day has gone by the I didn't know that you love me! You have also been a perfect example to me of what a Christian wife looks like.


Not too mention....you have birthed 3 children (who are all grown) and you still look like this!!!!!!!!!! Are you even REAL????

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn,
    This is the sweetest post to your Mother. You are truly blessed and so is your Mother for such a sweet daughter. We miss you guys! Call us:)

    ReplyDelete