Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! I know that most people hate Valentine's Day because of it being "just another Hallmark holiday," but I love it! I love celebrating ALL holidays...I'm even looking forward to St. Patrick's Day in a month from now! This year we have even gotten a few Valentine's Day cards in the mail from friends which are on our fridge :) I have had my V-Day wreath out since the middle of January!


We babysat Nick and Joy's daughter, Jillian, at our house the other night and made Valentine's Day cupcakes!




Wesley knows how much I like this holiday, and he also knows just how cheesy I can be! We celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday by spending time on the beach and then ordering take-out and renting a movie! This was my gift....


It is a bowl of chocolates with "10 reasons why I am still in love with you!" If you know me well, then you know that it just melted my heart!! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful Valentine!

This weekend Wesley's parents came for a visit since Wesley had a free weekend that he didn't have to study. We spent the part of the day on Saturday at Seaside. The water was beautiful, and even though it was a little too chilly for bathing suits, I LOVED just being outdoors and getting some sunshine. Seaside had their local farmer's market on Saturday and Wesley's mom bought some fresh cabbage! We enjoyed eating outside at Uncle Ernie's on Saturday night and watching the sunset on the water! It was nice to be able to show his parent's where we live. Hope that they had a good time!


No comments:

Post a Comment