Saturday, September 25, 2010

Grandma

We got some upsetting news this week. My grandmother (my dads mom) was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. We know that it is aggressive because a few months ago her chest x-ray was clear, and the one this week showed significant disease progression. Because she is 81 years old, the chemo and radiation would do her more harm than good, so the decision was made not to treat the disease, but to treat the pain.

After my dad told her the news and talked to her about the plan, her response was, "Edwin, you have given me a wonderful gift. You have told me that I will get to go and be with Papa." She is so strong in her faith and said that if this is what the Lord has planned for her, than she is ok and is at peace! Please keep her and my family in your prayers.



These pictures were taken at our wedding in March! The lead singer of the band got her up on stage and she danced with us! Such a wonderful memory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment