Friday, August 13, 2010

Enjoying our new hometown!


We are completely unpacked now and this house is starting to feel like home. Wesley and I are aware that our amount of quality time spent together is going to be greatly decreased once he starts school, so we are not taking these few weeks for granted. We have enjoyed trying new restaurants and trying to figure out our way around town. Last week we drove to Seaside and got a piece of Key Lime pie and then drove home! We stopped at Pier Park and walked to the edge of the pier during sunset. There are still a lot of tourists on the beach, but I have a feeling that the crowds are going to be gone soon since school is starting back.

I had hospital orientation all last week and worked my first night shift in the NICU last night. I got off work at 3am because the census was low, but I felt like I would have been wide awake until 7am if I had needed to be. I was worried about how I was going to stay awake considering I had never worked a night shift before, but there were a lot of new people to meet and a lot to learn! I am praying that my body will adjust well to my new schedule.

Today has been great so far! Wesley woke up at 5:00am to go fishing on the Pier at Pier Park. When he got home, he got back into bed and we both slept in! Then we went to the pool to get some sun. I read Eat, Pray, and Love and he read Anesthesia textbooks! Hopefully all of his reading will make the first few weeks a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment