Monday, August 2, 2010

Transitions

The past few days have been a whirlwind! We packed boxes all last week and were both amazed how much "stuff" that we have. I have to admit that Wesley did 95% of the packing of boxes. I was HAPPY to be at work our last four days in Auburn so that I had an excuse to not have to pack boxes all day!

We had one last good-bye dinner at Niffer's with sweet friends and kept talking in the parking lot until someone suggested that we go to SNO-BIZ! It was the perfect summer dessert!


On Friday, my co-workers surprised me with a going away ice-cream party! It meant so much to me, and it was fun telling everyone "see you later!" I just couldn't tell people "goodbye", and I am still planning on seeing them soon for weddings and baby showers!


Saturday when I got off of work, I tried to help Wesley load the U-Haul. It was over 100 degrees and humid outside, and I will be honest...I was pretty miserable. But at 5:30pm we shut the U-Haul and pulled out of the driveway of our first home! I got sentimental when we were leaving. My favorite memory at the house in Auburn was eating breakfast with Wesley the week we got back from our honeymoon. He looked over at me and said, "How much fun is this!!!" Just eating breakfast together in our PJ's and we were having the time of our lives!


Saturday night we got to Dothan and spent the night at my parents house. Sunday morning at 7:00am we all got in different cars and headed for Panama City!!! Wesley drove the U-Haul, my dad drove Wesley's truck, I drove my car, and mom and Amy followed in Mom's car. We had to stop and get a picture when we crossed the Florida line!


The rest of the day, Wesley and Dad unloaded the U-Haul and Mom, Amy, and I started decorating! We all worked until 7:00pm and we were all so pleased with how much we got done and how great that the house was starting to look! We couldn't have done so much without the help of my family, and it meant so much to me and to Wesley to have them there during our move and this huge milestone in our life!




Today has been a great day! We both slept like logs last night and have gotten a lot done today. We even rode the strip!!! I went grocery shopping while Wesley got our cable set up, and we went shopping for a washer and dryer. We still have A LOT of unpacking to do, but both feel like this is going to be a really fun 28 months!

I will post more pictures of the house once it is complete! Until then, I will keep unpacking boxes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment