Wednesday, November 10, 2010

AUBURN

These are a few reasons why I LOVE the "loveliest village on the plains":

-It is where I met my husband
-It is where I made LIFELONG friends
-My freshman year our football team went undefeated thanks to Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Courtney Taylor, and Jason Campbell
-My sisters and I made it our new family tradition...I don't think our my kids will have a choice :)
-It is where I got my bachelors degree in Nursing which has allowed me to do what I love
-Aubie!
-Big Blue Bagel, Niffer's, Mama G's, Amsterdam's, Mike and Ed's, and Laredo's
-First Baptist Opelika
-I had the best co-workers and made many new friendships at East Alabama Medical Center
-It was where Wesley and I came home from our honeymoon and we began our marriage
-Samford Hall
-Memories of band parties, formals, swaps, and socials
-The McMillan's tailgate
-Cam Newton!!!!! (despite the allegations)
-The Chi O Mansion

....and these are just to name a few

Wesley and I FINALLY got to go back to Auburn this weekend for the Georgia game! It is hard to describe the feeling when we pulled into the Auburn city limits- we were thrilled!

When we got into town on Friday night we met a group friends for dinner at Laredo's. Adam and Elena Robertson brought their precious baby Reese to dinner. We were so glad to finally get to meet her! I felt like a "baby hog" at dinner but I just couldn't put that sweet baby down. After dinner we drove around town to see all of the tailgaters and drive around the campus. Fortunately, not much had changed. (Except for the fact that Wesley and I had NO desire to be standing in the long line to get into SkyBar...we feel old!)



Saturday we started tailgating at 9:30am. Wesley's parents met up with us and we walked around from tailgate to tailgate. It was so much fun running into so many friends from college! We never got tickets to the game, so we watched it on TV with Wesley's parents.





After having 3 tests last week, it was great for Wesley to take a break from studying and get out of town for the weekend. The weather was wonderful and the Tigers pulled off another big win! It was a pretty perfect weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment