Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas!

...and taste like Christmas! One of Wesley's favorite snacks during the holidays is homemade Chex Mix! I've already made 2 batches and we are about ready for a third! I use the traditional Chex Mix recipe but add Cheese-its and Cheerios per Wesley's request :)


We picked up our Christmas tree last night and it immediately made our home smell wonderful! We might have spent a little more than I would like to admit, but I can honestly say that the fun of decorating a tree is worth it!




Here are some pics of our other Christmas decorations...I still have some decorating to do.





Santa Claus is coming to town....and he let me go shopping with him and pick out what I wanted! :) Santa (aka Wesley) let me have one gift a little early. I've been watching the Reebok Easy Tone commercials and decided that I wanted my legs and butt to look like the girls' on the commercials! I asked the guy at the check out counter if they really worked and his reply was, "Well you can't just wear them on the couch and expect results!" They supposedly work by throwing you off balance and you have to use different muscles to walk in them. I KNOW that I will actually have to exercise in the shoes...I will keep you posted on the results!



In other Christmas news, I tried and tried to think of a creative Christmas card idea this year, but when we were in Montgomery for Erin's wedding, Alana set me straight by telling me that I only had ONE YEAR that I could use a wedding photo for our Christmas card, and that I would be crazy if I didn't! That is all the convincing that I needed! I ordered our cards from Shutterfly.com last Sunday night and they were at my doorstep three days later on Wednesday morning! I plan on mailing them out this week.

I am so excited that Wesley and I are both going to have a week off for Christmas. We are going to be able to go spend a couple of days celebrating with each of our families!

3 comments:

  1. oh that chex mix just looks so yummy! and yes, it has to have cheez-its and cheerios; esp. the cheerios. i get such a kick out of reading your blogs. thanks!
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...use those wedding pics on a Christmas card! I did that the year we got married and it is still my favorite! And please let me know how those shoes work out. I have some baby weight to lose!

    ReplyDelete